Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:47
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 17, 2002

Hello,

I got a job through ProZ (yes!!! first one!!!) and the outsourcer firm pays via US cheque and via PayPal.

I\'m in Brazil, but I have a bank account in England (well, my husband does), so I would prefer to have the money there, via PayPal, instead of getting a cheque by mail here in Brazil, and having to face the delay/taxes/fees of having to present it here.

At PayPal website, and for what I could read in some of the forums about this issue, in the UK it\'s possible to get the money from PayPal and transfer it to my husband\'s bank account (at Natwest, by the way).

I would appreciate any input from PayPal users in the UK (specially) regarding the good and bad sides of the service.

Thanks,

Adriana

Brazil

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 20:47
German to Romanian
+ ...
try the search funtion Jul 18, 2002

on the left side of the page there is a search box. Try a search for PayPal as this issue has been discussed several times, so you can access directly and very conveniently all older topics that deal with this issue.

Good luck!

Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:47
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks and yes, I know the search button, but... Jul 18, 2002

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write, but I know the Search button, and I read the messages regarding PayPal and some love and hate opinions.

I believed it was OK to begin another forum, as my question is very specific to the UK users, as I intend to withdraw the money into my husband\'s account at NatWest.

If it\'s not asking too much, I\'d still want to hear from UK-users their opinion.

Thanks,

Adriana

Brazil

Ron Clarey
Local time: 19:47
Paypal Jul 20, 2002

I use paypal for most of my transactions and I personally like it. I have not needed to transfer money from paypal to my account yet but I don\'t anticipate any problems. I usually leave the money in the account and use it to fund my other projects. There are many people who do not like paypal and there are several websites that are very anti the company,paypalsucks.com being one of them.

Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:47
German to Italian
+ ...
PayPal in UK Jul 21, 2002

I am resident in UK, have a bank account at HSBC and have already been paid many times via PayPal; I have transferred immediately all money to my bank account - it went without any problem, in two-three days the money was on my account. The cost is ca. 5 dollars, as a total. Till now - I am satisfied with this system.

Good luck

Gilda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal users in the UK - any comments?

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs