Translation fees from English/German/Spanish into Portuguese
Thread poster: Patrícia Cardoso Ferreira

Patrícia Cardoso Ferreira
Local time: 08:12
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 2, 2006

I am quoting for a large project and because we have just started a new year I decided to restructure my translation fees per word from English/German/Spanish into European Portuguese. Could anyone help me? I normally translate with Trados, but I also receive source texts in PDF or by fax, and in these formats it is difficult to carry out word counting. How do you solve this problem as far as quoting is concerned?

Direct link Reply with quote

Susy Ordaz  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:12
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Money Matters Jan 2, 2006

What I normally do when I receive large projects is I do a word count. However if you can´t count the words (PDF/fax) normally an A4 page has 25 lines or a line has 10 words. Just a thought. Hope this helps and good luck.
Susy Ordaz

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation fees from English/German/Spanish into Portuguese

Advanced search

Translation news

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs