Thread poster: blawith (X)
blawith (X)
blawith (X)
Local time: 22:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2006

Dear all,
1. I am looking for list of Interpreters&Translators' fees (including travel expences) for Police stations in UK. After couple of hours surfing on the Google, I only managed to find rates for Courts.
2. NRPSI doesn't explain how interpreter gets paid,for example after assignment in police station during non-social hours.However,NRPSI advise to use NUPIT (is it worth?) for any fees matters.
Thank you in advance,

skport
skport  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:15
Portuguese to English
+ ...
register with the police and they will send you the current fees list. Jan 5, 2006

Hi,

1. For list of fees:

If you register as an interpreter with the interpreting service of the regional police in the area where you are located, they will send you a full list of fees for interpreting, translation and expenses. Once you have succesfully registered with them, they will call you as and when they need you. To find out the contact details for the regional headquarters, just ask in any police station. When a local police station needs an interpreter
... See more
Hi,

1. For list of fees:

If you register as an interpreter with the interpreting service of the regional police in the area where you are located, they will send you a full list of fees for interpreting, translation and expenses. Once you have succesfully registered with them, they will call you as and when they need you. To find out the contact details for the regional headquarters, just ask in any police station. When a local police station needs an interpreter, they look on the regional police database, and the NRPSI.

In the region where I used to live in the UK, the police told me that they look first on their own register, and give preference to people within that register who are noted to also be on the NRPSI.

It is very very important to be registered with the regional police, as this means you are more likely to get called for work, and payment will be facilitated as your bank details will already be in their system.

2. Payment:

When you do an assignment at a local police station, you should ask for an interpreters payment form before you leave the station. This is a standard form, which the local police stations should have. You fill it in, the police officer signs the form and gives you a photocopy. The police then send this form to their regional headquarters who process the payment, and you will receive a cheque or bank deposit for all completed assignments at the end of the month.

Good luck!

Sarah
Collapse

blawith (X)
blawith (X)
Local time: 22:15
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Sarah. Jan 10, 2006

Dear Sarah,
Thank you very much for detailed answer.
You are time saver to me!
Regards,
Blawith

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK: Interpreters' fees. NRPSI.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »