EN,PT;ES;HU>IT rates
Thread poster: Alessandra Sticotti

Alessandra Sticotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 6, 2006

Hello everybody!

I know this is a hackneyed topic but I really need sono help. I've been offered to collaborate on a freelance basis with some translation agencies (though I'm mainly an interpreter). They asked me my best per word rates. I translate from EN, PT, ES, HU into IT. They proposed 0.03€. Isn't it too low? At least for HU>IT translations!
what should I suggest? I don't have considerable experience but I believe these rates are unfair to all translators, experienced and not!

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Andy Lemminger  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
Member (2002)
English to German
Ask for more Jan 6, 2006

Alessandra Sticotti wrote:
what should I suggest?

Hi Alessandra,

You should tell them that your rates are three or four times what they offered. Then they will either start whining about how greedy you are or they will be very upset or very sad.
And then you should look for better customers.

Good luck

Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Definitely too low!! Jan 8, 2006

Hi, Alessandra, the rates you were offered are ridiculous!
You can have a look at Il Tariffometro, Simon Turner's site (
Of course, many factors come into agreeing a rate but you should never work for such low rates. How many words would you have to translate to get a decent hourly rate?!

Sorry for being so quick...
Happy translating

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EN,PT;ES;HU>IT rates

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs