invoice matters
Thread poster: kumakun
kumakun
kumakun
English
Feb 6, 2006

Hi,
I've just started in the business and I would appreciate your 2 pence on this:
An agency recently offered me a job at a very...competitive price.
We agreed on a rate per word over the phone but I didn't draw any written estimate for the job.
According to the company policy, the amount is due 60 days after the date on the invoice. Fine...But what if they disagree with the amount? Will they let me know within these two months or should I get their written consent befor
... See more
Hi,
I've just started in the business and I would appreciate your 2 pence on this:
An agency recently offered me a job at a very...competitive price.
We agreed on a rate per word over the phone but I didn't draw any written estimate for the job.
According to the company policy, the amount is due 60 days after the date on the invoice. Fine...But what if they disagree with the amount? Will they let me know within these two months or should I get their written consent beforehand?
As I said i'm really just starting...
Thank you for your answers!
Collapse

Kunik
Kunik  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:24
English to Latvian
+ ...
get a PO Feb 7, 2006

You should get a purchase order in writing from them or send them your own before starting to work. The amount must be indicated there.

[Edited at 2006-02-07 07:39]

Soren Petersen
Soren Petersen
United States
Local time: 20:24
English to Danish
+ ...
Agree Feb 7, 2006

Yes, do get a Purchase Order. That's a legally binding document, as far as I know.

I've learned the hard way never to start any translation project without a detailed PO (unless it's for a trusted client).

Cheers,
Søren

tinageta wrote:

You should get a purchase order in writing from them or send them your own before starting to work. The amount must be indicated there.

[Edited at 2006-02-07 07:39]

kumakun
kumakun
English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 7, 2006

Ok, Thanks a lot for your answers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

invoice matters

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »