Mobile menu

Bank charges for transfers from Hungary
Thread poster: _TILLI

Local time: 08:36
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 9, 2006

Hallo! My customer from Hungary says that bank charges for money transfer to Lithuania make 50 EUR! I can't believe that it's true. Can anyone tell me the real costs? Or at least from Hungary to Germany?

Direct link Reply with quote

Soren Petersen
United States
Local time: 01:36
English to Danish
+ ...
Other options? Feb 9, 2006

Hi Tilli,

That sounds a bit mad, I must say. Have you looked into arranging other methods of payment? I currently accept bank transfer, Moneybookers, Paypal, Western Union and check. Between them, you should be able to find a cheaper option.

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
German to Romanian
+ ...
Have you tried asking for a bank statement? Feb 9, 2006

Maybe (depending on your relationship with the client) you can ask for a bank statement. 50 Euros seems a bit much, indeed.

[Edited at 2006-02-09 12:55]

Zoltán Medgyesi
English to Hungarian
Example Feb 9, 2006

A transaction of about 100 EUR was 15 EUR maybe a year ago, to Germany.

For example, see:

page 7, "bankközi deviza átutalás", which means transfer of foreign exchange to other bank

It's unlikely that 50 EUR is real, but possible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bank charges for transfers from Hungary

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs