Making a deal with a famous company
Thread poster: Imad Almaghary
Imad Almaghary
Local time: 05:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 16, 2006

Good morning

Over the last few days I contacted one of the famous companies in the translation world. I tried to make a contract with that company over how to make development and joint ventures about certain outlines and deals to generate more income. We exchanged more that an awful lot of emails of discussion and so on for a long time. What is strange is that the company refused to pay me first. I tried to know the reason behind that by asking the following question: Would you ask for payment later after giving out your product? The company manager said that he would ask for payment first. This is something contradictory actually and this made me suspect that company. I gave proof and evidence and it said it is okay and convincing but when it comes to payment the manager of that company starts to argue over things that are quite easy and clear.
I am right? Do I lack the skills of work over deals? Is that company right? Your answer is valued.

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Local time: 04:56
Catalan to English
+ ...
Hi Imad Mar 17, 2006

The thrust of your post would seem to be:

"What is strange is that the company refused to pay me first."

Pay you for what, exactly?

Cheers,
Andy

Imad Almaghary
Local time: 05:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
payment for the book Mar 17, 2006

Good morning

I offered them a product and they know it is helpful and demanded it from me. It helps them boost work and increase sales. It is a book that serves the need of the company.

More comments please.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making a deal with a famous company

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs