response to Karin Adamczyk
Thread poster: Chrystal
Chrystal
Chrystal
Local time: 02:33
English to French
+ ...
Oct 27, 2001

BTW, Karin, it was a hypothetical question as I haven\'t had any problemes so far.

And yes, I know how to read a contract BTW...after Law School you bet ! (I also know modesty and how not to tell people they don\'t understand a contract ))

FYI: not only I was trying to gather info...but regarding damaging the reputation of people who exploit you and don\'t pay you: a majority of translators opt for this opt
... See more
BTW, Karin, it was a hypothetical question as I haven\'t had any problemes so far.

And yes, I know how to read a contract BTW...after Law School you bet ! (I also know modesty and how not to tell people they don\'t understand a contract ))

FYI: not only I was trying to gather info...but regarding damaging the reputation of people who exploit you and don\'t pay you: a majority of translators opt for this option (i haven\'t done it yet, but might start there when a company or individual thinks they can exploit me and make profits on me....sorry!)
Collapse

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:33
French to English
Hypothetical situation Oct 29, 2001

The text you wrote is what many people give as an example of a true situation. Your comments in parentheses made me think it was an actual situation, especially \"since I delivered the work\" and \"the agency *is* playing dead\". Given my experience in this area and the number of similarly worded messages I have seen, it was an honest mistake. After all, you did not say it was a hypothetical situation.

Regards,

Karin

If cross borders are involv
... See more
The text you wrote is what many people give as an example of a true situation. Your comments in parentheses made me think it was an actual situation, especially \"since I delivered the work\" and \"the agency *is* playing dead\". Given my experience in this area and the number of similarly worded messages I have seen, it was an honest mistake. After all, you did not say it was a hypothetical situation.

Regards,

Karin

If cross borders are involved, how does it work? For eg., a delinquent agency located in the UK, and I am in the US (a contract was formed and signed and is governed by the laws of the State of california)???

(since I delivered the work, no responses and no signs of life...basically the agency/individual is playing dead, and ignoring all mails).

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

response to Karin Adamczyk

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »