Mobile menu

Proofreading Charge
Thread poster: Blanka van Raalte
Blanka van Raalte
Local time: 05:40
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Apr 11, 2006

I proofread a 3 page document and made quite a few changed on it.. I was wondering how much I should charge for it. I didn't do it all in one sitting so I have no clue how many hours it took me.
What's the standard when charging for this type of job...per word or page or hour?

Thank you all.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
No standard answer Apr 12, 2006

I charge per hour to ensure I still get paid for the time I have spent on the job. As a rule of thumb I use 1000 words per hour (reasonable quality).

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to French
+ ...
Suggestion Apr 12, 2006

While I don't know what you and your client agreed upon prior to taking on the job, maybe upon reading the following article, you will have a better idea on what to charge:

Hope this helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading Charge

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs