Mobile menu

Payment term - 60 days for Belgian companies?
Thread poster: Bob Kerns

Bob Kerns  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:47
Member (2002)
German to English
Aug 13, 2002

Up to now I have mainly worked for customers and agencies in Germany and Austria and here it is normal practice for the customers to pay at the latest within 30 days of submission of the invoice. One nice lady in Hamburg even pays me within 2 days, every time.

Yesterday I received a mail from an agency in Belgium, asking if I was interested in working for them. They enclosed a typical questionnaire about rates, speciality fields and so on which, however, asked if I was willing to accept their standard payment term of \"60 days after the end of the month of the invoice\". If I accept this and then submit an invoice on, for example, 1 Sep then I won\'t see my money (if at all) until the end of November. Not amused!

Has anyone else experienced offers like this, especially from agencies in Belgium?

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-13 11:50 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:47
French to English
60 days is typical in Belgium Aug 13, 2002

Hi Robert,

I\'ve worked for a couple of Belgian agencies and 60 days were their regular terms. I\'m sure the agencies require payment from their client within 30 days, so by offering their translators 60 days, they\'re making sure they get paid first...It\'s not right because our relationship with the agency is totally separate from their with their client, and they should have enough money to pay their subcontractors without having to wait for payment from their client.

Erika

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment term - 60 days for Belgian companies?

Advanced search

Translation news

Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs