Local time: 14:11
French to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2006

Just saw it here, and it says:

"Volumen y precio:
25000 words
[ TOTAL: 0.20 USD ]"

Total for 25000 words (don't think so), or 0.20 USD per word = 5 000 USD (don't think so either)?

I would like to bid (after 12 hours), but terms are not quite clear.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
E-mail. Apr 22, 2006

I've just sent an e-mail in order to know what's going on. I'll tell you if they answer me, panther

[Editado a las 2006-04-22 02:48]

xxxsarahl
Local time: 12:11
English to French
+ ...
What kind of job? Apr 22, 2006

I just saw a similar offer for *transcription*. I don't know what the rates are, these could be average.

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Not too unusual Apr 22, 2006

Juan Jacob wrote:
... or 0.20 USD per word = 5 000 USD (don't think so either)?

I have seen a project with demanding terminology lists where 0.20 USD/word would still be 5 times to low if you consider the required time.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:11
English to German
+ ...
Did you contact a Jobs moderator? Apr 22, 2006

Juan Jacob wrote:

Just saw it here, and it says:

"Volumen y precio:
25000 words
[ TOTAL: 0.20 USD ]"

Total for 25000 words (don't think so), or 0.20 USD per word = 5 000 USD (don't think so either)?

I would like to bid (after 12 hours), but terms are not quite clear.

...who could contact the job poster to clarify?

Ralf

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Answer Apr 22, 2006

Their answer:

It did not let me put a flat rate per job on the quote. I tried several times since this is not a translation project but a transcription project which I can pay $2.00 per minute x 159 minutes = $318.00. If you do the script preperation for timings (checked against the English version) then I can pay an additional $200.00.
Im sorry for the confusion. I usually have someone that can do an Eng>Eng transcription but this time it is Spa>Spa.
Gracias por su paciencia.
Richard Fiallos

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moderators would like to help... Apr 22, 2006

Yaotl Altan wrote:

Their answer:

It did not let me put a flat rate per job on the quote. I tried several times since this is not a translation project but a transcription project which I can pay $2.00 per minute x 159 minutes = $318.00. If you do the script preperation for timings (checked against the English version) then I can pay an additional $200.00.
Im sorry for the confusion. I usually have someone that can do an Eng>Eng transcription but this time it is Spa>Spa.
Gracias por su paciencia.
Richard Fiallos

...but there isn't much point unless someone contacts us, quoting the job URL. I don't mind a forum discussion if there's a general problem, but in a specific case, it's more efficient to contact one of us (there's a link displayed in each job posting).

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxsarahl
Local time: 12:11
English to French
+ ...
General problem Apr 22, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

I don't mind a forum discussion if there's a general problem, Ralf

Ralf,

I think there's a problem here, the system is not flexible enough. As an example, if you want to bid on a job other than a translation, the system won't let you enter your rates as they're probably different. The only way you can quote on such jobs is entering your translation rates in the rates window then detailing your rates for that specific job in the comments window.

I never offered a job on the site but I suspect an outsourcer would run into the same lack of flexibilty on the other end.

Is there a way this can be solved?

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Added this to the wish list Apr 22, 2006

Good point, Sarah...

I think there's a problem here, the system is not flexible enough. As an example, if you want to bid on a job other than a translation, the system won't let you enter your rates as they're probably different. The only way you can quote on such jobs is entering your translation rates in the rates window then detailing your rates for that specific job in the comments window.

...I added a reference to this topic to the list for the next Jobs/BB release.

I never offered a job on the site but I suspect an outsourcer would run into the same lack of flexibilty on the other end.

Not really; in fact, outsourcers have a variety of options for indicating pricing.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I think this must be an error.

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs