How much would you charge for this
Thread poster: Nina Khmielnitzky

Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:37
Member (2004)
English to French
May 5, 2006

Hi,
A good client of mine (anglophone) has a company and receives maybe 5 calls or so in French per year. Since they don't have anyone who speaks French at their offices, but still need to answer to those clients, they would like me to phone in to the French voicemail extension and listen to the message left. Then contact the company and advise what the caller needs, and then contact the caller and give them the appropriate response in French.

Would you charge a per call fee + long distance? If so, how much. Feel free to write to my personal email address: khmielnitzky@videotron.ca

Direct link Reply with quote

Heather Chinchilla
United States
Local time: 00:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
By the minute May 5, 2006

I'd charge by the minute. My friend does telephone interpreting and she charges by the minute. I'd have a minimum per call or per day to make sure it's worth your time/energy.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 06:37
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
... and e.g. charge double for night time May 5, 2006

and/or x-times for a reaction in y-minutes.

This is all tangibles that one can bargain on.

regards

Vito

Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:37
French to English
+ ...
Simplicity May 6, 2006

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

Hi,
A good client of mine (anglophone) has a company and receives maybe 5 calls or so in French per year. Since they don't have anyone who speaks French at their offices, but still need to answer to those clients, they would like me to phone in to the French voicemail extension and listen to the message left. Then contact the company and advise what the caller needs, and then contact the caller and give them the appropriate response in French.

Would you charge a per call fee + long distance? If so, how much. Feel free to write to my personal email address: khmielnitzky@videotron.ca

Nina,

If your client gets so few calls - and of course without knowing when they come in! - it seems cumbersome for you and expensive for your client for you to call into the voice mail daily or a few times a week.

How about if your client rings or emails you when there is a French message waiting? and then bill as you feel comfortable with accordingly + long distance charges.

Kind regards,

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much would you charge for this

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs