Mobile menu

birth certificate
Thread poster: ewa_zat
Local time: 22:18
English to Polish
May 25, 2006

how much should i charge for a translation of a birth certificate. i am a Polish translator working from Poland, but the client is from the USA. I do not know the charges on the market there...thank you for all the possible help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Please see email May 25, 2006

which I sent through your profile.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One hour's work May 26, 2006

ewa_zat wrote:
How much should i charge for a translation of a birth certificate?

Rule of thumb: for certificates etc, charge one hour's work for every three pages (or part thereof).

Spencer Allman
Local time: 21:18
Finnish to English
+ ...
Normal rates May 26, 2006

I do a lot of these. I charge normal rates pro rata and apply a minimum charge at two levels: one for agencies and one for private customers.

Tiffany Weiland
Chinese to English
Charges May 27, 2006

Other than the minimal fee, you may also consider the turn-around time's not unusual someone will ask for an emergency deportation or something in that nature.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

birth certificate

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs