Thread poster: Manuel Aburto M

Manuel Aburto M
Nicaragua
Local time: 12:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2006

Dear Colleagues:

I have been working as a translator with both Nicaraguan and Nicaragua-based enterprises and NGO´s for almost 5 years, time in which I have developed plenty of experience in several working areas. I joined Proz a couple of months ago and I would like to extend my services at international level, but I am not quite clear yet about implemented payment methods. I have seen that when you submit a quote you are provided 5 payment options:

1. Via credit card
2. Check Or Money Order (What is the requirement for this option, I mean, Should I provide them with my international bank account number)

Wire Transfer (Requirement for this option?)

Wire Transfer Euro (I think this does not apply for me)

Paypal (I tried to join Paypal, but at this time, in the case of Nicaragua, coverage is not provided. I would also like to know how reliable is each payment method? I joined Moneybooker but as I see it is not included in Proz payment options.

Thanks in advance.

Manuel Aburto

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:59
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some answers... Jun 25, 2006

Manuel Aburto wrote:
2. Check Or Money Order (What is the requirement for this option, I mean, Should I provide them with my international bank account number).

You should provide them with your full name, ie the name in which your bank account is registered. This is the name they will write on the cheque. If they misspell your name, your bank might refuse to give you the money.

Wire Transfer (Requirement for this option?)

I suspect "wire transfer" is some ancient term for electronic funds transfer (EFT). The requirement is that you give them your banking details (your account number, account type, branch name, branch number, bank name, bank's address (either local or head office), and your name exactly as it is registered on the bank account). Optionally also provide your bank's SWIFT code (ask your bank), but keep in mind that SWIFT is only one method of EFT (and an expensive one too).

I joined Moneybooker but as I see it is not included in Proz payment options.

Proz.com does support Moneybookers.

Manuel Aburto M
Nicaragua
Local time: 12:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Useful Information Jun 26, 2006

Thanks a lot for the info. Samuel I will take it into account next time. Once again Thank you very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to figure out how payment methods work

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs