Mobile menu

Pricing of Translations
Thread poster: Samantha Richardson
Samantha Richardson  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Sep 11, 2002

Hi, I\'m new in this business and am very surprised how much information can be found on this site. I translate from English to German/ German to English and am hoping to receive some help from experiencend translators...How do you figure out the prices? Do you all have certificates? What are your opinions about ATA ans NYCT? Is it worth to join? Would be nice if you could share some information/ advice with me.Thanks in advance, Samantha.
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:38
English to German
+ ...
Price calculation Sep 11, 2002

It\'s quite difficult to explain how to figure out prices, there are some useful sites where price calculation is explained, unfortunately most of the pages I could mention are in German. Very interesting is, for example, the following site, as they use translators as an example:

http://www.adue-nord.de/fortbildung.200102.html

Basically, I should say that the price per source word is around USD 0.15/EUR 0.15 plus tax in Germany (for direct orders from clients). If you work for agencies, you will have to divide this price by two (i.e. USD 0.7/EUR 0.7), as you will only do part of the work (i.e. only translating or proof-reading) and the other part is done by someone else.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Tanja
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pricing of Translations

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs