Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:53
English to Russian
+ ...
Doing a Google search is guaranteed to help. Jul 10, 2006

Alexander,

two points here:

1. If you invoice in Russia you have to use the pre-defined format of an invoice (schet or schet-faktura). Those are also easy to find in Google (try +"счет-фактура" +скачать).

2. For an invoice sent to a client outside Russia you can use any of the templates supplied with your MS Office (both Excel and Word have invoice templates supplied for them).

3. If all else fails, please go to www.google.com and do a search for +invoice +download +template

I did (took about 20 seconds) - the results are nothing short of stunning. There's a total of 734,000 references - more than enough invoice templates to download.

This is the link to the first page with search results:

http://www.google.ru/search?q=+invoice%20+template%20+download&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

(it assumes your browser is a Firefox - I do not know whether it will work in other browsers).

The next link points to an excellent invoice template:

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-invoice-template.html

The general rule is that

a) there is no "standard" invoice - it should be convenient for you and your client.
b) to be convenient, your invoice should contain all information that is needed for your purposes (your bank account info, amount to pay, payment terms etc.) and all info required by your client (e.g. detailed description of job done with rates indicated so that the client will see what they are paying for and was it the same rate they have agreed before).
c) indicating PO number on your invoice is also one of the "best practices" - in a large accounting department (of your client) this simplifies payment of invoices.

I'm almost sure this will help.

Alexander Yeltsov wrote:

Is there a standard form of invoice?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexander Yeltsov  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
issuing invoice Jul 11, 2006

Thanks a lot. I guess it will work.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
No Jul 12, 2006

Alexander Yeltsov wrote:
Is there a standard form of invoice?

No. But there is a golden mean. Search the Proz.com archives for "invoice", and you'll find some good answers.

Alexander Yeltsov  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
issuing invoice Jul 12, 2006

TThank you for your help. I've got it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

issuing invoice

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums