Anna Maria Meli
Anna Maria Meli  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:09
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 27, 2006

Goodmorning everybody.
Its my first time to post something on proz but i have a big problem & i need someone to help me solving this problem.
Few months ago i got an email from a person working in an outsourcing company in USA & he wanted me to work as a freelancer for his project .. at that time i was working with a partner & he started dealing with him! anyway he did many projects for him , now my partner just left & told him 2 send me all the money he owes me (43 000 $) this is
... See more
Goodmorning everybody.
Its my first time to post something on proz but i have a big problem & i need someone to help me solving this problem.
Few months ago i got an email from a person working in an outsourcing company in USA & he wanted me to work as a freelancer for his project .. at that time i was working with a partner & he started dealing with him! anyway he did many projects for him , now my partner just left & told him 2 send me all the money he owes me (43 000 $) this is the money he owes me now for all the projects he did for him! When the guy knew that we r not partners anymore & that am all alone now he doesnt want to pay me ... Do i have to send an email to his company telling them what happened exactly & send them all the emails he sent me as a proof or what should i Do ?

I am waiting for your soonest reply
Thank you

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-07-27 12:06]
Collapse

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:09
Italian to English
+ ...
How much? Jul 27, 2006

Hi there,
Could you just clarify - USD 43,000 (forty-three thousand dollars)??
Is that the figure? In just "a few months"?
Or is it USD 43.00 (forty-three dollars)?
Are we even talking US dollars?
How come your partner is "giving" all the money to you?

Really confused,
UK

[Edited at 2006-07-27 12:27]

Anna Maria Meli
Anna Maria Meli  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:09
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Big project Jul 27, 2006

Dear amy,

The amount is 43 000 USD yes & we worked together from november 2005 & this money is due to a very big project we did for him !!

Richard Creech
Richard Creech  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:09
French to English
+ ...
Consult an Attorney Jul 27, 2006

Given that you have so much money at stake, it is probably worth your while to consult an attorney in the U.S. state where the party is located.

BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Had the same experience Jul 27, 2006

I agree with Richard. I had to deal with the client´s client directly (since the amount was only $4,000) and attorney´s fees would take a huge chunk out of that. However, $45,000 is a lot of money and an attorney will be able to help you provided you had the client sign a contract prior to starting the work (plus any other documentation you may have).

Don´t take a step back and don´t let them intimidate you. If anything, post the client´s name on the Blue Board. I´m sure no
... See more
I agree with Richard. I had to deal with the client´s client directly (since the amount was only $4,000) and attorney´s fees would take a huge chunk out of that. However, $45,000 is a lot of money and an attorney will be able to help you provided you had the client sign a contract prior to starting the work (plus any other documentation you may have).

Don´t take a step back and don´t let them intimidate you. If anything, post the client´s name on the Blue Board. I´m sure no one is going to work for them again after that.

Best of luck!
Belkis
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to enforce a claim from an outsourcer in the US

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »