Mobile menu

Opening a bank account in EU
Thread poster: Levan
Local time: 14:06
Aug 9, 2006

anybody knows the procedures? what kind of documentation they need? especially if I wont to open account via einternet...

I apriciate any links to useful information.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Ask the bank in question Aug 9, 2006

I doubt if you can open an account via internet. For a business account you may need to visit the bank office and sign lots of papers. Procedures differ from country to country.

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:06
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Yes, bank laws have become much stricter in the last few years Aug 10, 2006

(in US because of 9/11) and elsewhere probably for other reasons, like money-laundering, so check with your local bank first, and get the information you need, and/or look into an international bank near you that would have branches in the EU if it's even possible.

Why wouldn't you use your local bank account with PayPal and / or Moneylenders? That appears to be the simplest solution, but other colleagues may have more experience in these matters and can give more complete advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening a bank account in EU

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs