Thread poster: Sandra Alboum

Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:52
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2006

Beware. This is a "new" version I got today. Thought I'd seen it all. I'm really curious why "Lincoln Medicals" in Oregon (which doesn't exist, if you Google it) would want to pay me using a money order or cashier's check.

---

GOOD DAY,

I AM Dr JANE SPENCER(AN ASSISTANT GP WITH THE LINCOLN MEDICALS), I GOT YOUR CONTACT FROM THE AMERICAN TRANSLATOR ASSOCIATION DIRECTORY INDICATING YOU AS A RESPONSIBLE TRANSLATOR.

I HAVE A PART-TIME JOB OFFER FOR YOU AS REGARDS A TRANSLATING
SERVICE AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE JOB.

I WILL LIKE YOU TO SPECIFY THE LANGUAGES YOU TRANSLATE TO AND FROM AS I HAVE A NUMBER OF CLIENTS TO DELIVER TO FROM TIME TO TIME. ALSO LET ME KNOW LOCATION, RATE AND PAYMENT OPTIONS AS MY PREFARABLE PAYMENT OPTION WILL BE BY MONEY ORDERS OR CASHIER CHECKS.

I WILL APPRECIATE AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE FROM YOU IF YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE OFFER.

THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR RESPONSE.

REGARDS
JANE SPENCER
LINCOLN MEDICALS
OREGON 97201. USA

NB. YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL ME TO janespencer101@yahoo.com, lincolnmedicals@yahoo.com OR drjanesmail@yahoo.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios  Identity Verified
Because... Aug 11, 2006

Sandra Alboum wrote:

Beware. This is a "new" version I got today. Thought I'd seen it all. I'm really curious why "Lincoln Medicals" in Oregon (which doesn't exist, if you Google it) would want to pay me using a money order or cashier's check.

... She will probably send you a cashier check or money order for an mount in EXCESS of whatever it is you charge her. She will then tell you her secretary made a mistake, and ask you to please write one of your cheques for the excess difference and send it to her. By the time your bank tells you the cashier check is fake or the money order did not go through, your check to her will be in the mail.

Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right. Aug 11, 2006

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios wrote:

Sandra Alboum wrote:

... She will probably send you a cashier check or money order for an mount in EXCESS of whatever it is you charge her. She will then tell you her secretary made a mistake, and ask you to please write one of your cheques for the excess difference and send it to her. By the time your bank tells you the cashier check is fake or the money order did not go through, your check to her will be in the mail.

Right. The same old scam. I'd just never seen this version of it.

Been there, done that...
Sandra

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 04:52
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I looove the photo... Aug 11, 2006

but why encrypt the message? Go for it, say 419 loud and clear;P

[Edited at 2006-08-11 20:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yet Another Twist on Same Old Scam

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs