Thread poster: Manuela Brehm
Manuela Brehm
Local time: 16:05
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 29, 2002

Hi,

once again I turn to you for your help.

This time it´s a matter of payments with Trados TMs.

I have a customer (we work together for almost 10 years now) that is going to implement some new rules regarding translation. First he wants all translators to work with Trados (I already do that, so it´s ok) and then he wants to access all my new TMs regarding translation work for his company (that, I don´t agree on), otherwise he will have his work done elsewhere. (…).

My question is … do I keep the prices I charge or do I increase them (to charge for the TMs)? What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have a nice Sunday.

Manuela

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:05
English to German
+ ...
Not quite... Sep 29, 2002

Quote:

There is one thing obvious about CAT tools, by using CAT tools they will substitute more expensive skilled translator\'s labor with inexpensive new translators once they got a TM from skilled translator.

Not really. While a TM will ensure that even a new translator (who says that these are necessarily cheaper?) can stick to established standards of terminology and wording, handing out a high-quality TM to a poor translator means pretty much a wasted investment.

To avoid surrendering more than what\'s called for, why don\'t you deliver the pre-cleanup version?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment of translation with TMs

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs