Different rates in different language pairs
Thread poster: Piotr Wargan
Sophia Hundt (X)
Sophia Hundt (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:31
Russian to English
+ ...
Agencies in general Sep 1, 2006

You know, I just about don't work with agencies altogether, only with one, which pays reasonably. I really hate to share the profit - so I work with direct clients just about all the time. Pay faster, too, and more. Usually the money agencies offer for the amount of time spent are less than if I spent that time growing and selling sweet corn (pretty low return, believe ya me).

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:31
English to Swedish
+ ...
Discrimination? Sep 4, 2006

Piotr Wargan wrote:

The title of my topic has been changed ... Not by me.

Now it looks as if there was a problem of different rates for different language pairs. That was not what bothered me.

Hi Piotr,

Maybe I got you wrong, but Natalya mentioned the word "discrimination" and I got the impression that you supported her view.

My point is that offering different rates for different language pair has nothing to do with discrimination.

My interpretation of the agency's posting is just that a non-native tried to express something in English, and came across as a bit clumsy by calling it "expected cost". No reason for nitpicking...

/Jan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different rates in different language pairs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »