WinAlign rates/speed
Thread poster: SEH
SEH
SEH
Local time: 03:48
German to English
Nov 15, 2001

Anyone have any experience of taking on alignment jobs (i.e. aligning texts for clients using WinAlign)? If so, is it best to charge per word, line, page or hour? And how many standard pages (30 lines à 55 characters) do you think someone could reasonably be expected to align per hour? Thanks for any tips.

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 20:48
English to German
Alignment rates Nov 16, 2001

For alignment, it depends mainly on 4 factors:

Your equipment, the format of the source files, the formatting of source and target, because if they are not the same, this can lead to problems for the alignment quality, and which version of Trados you are using. The freelance version only allows for up to ten file pairs.

All in all, I generally charge for these type of jobs by the hour.

Dr Wahidi
Dr Wahidi  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 04:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
What is the average hourly rate for WingAlign? Feb 1, 2005

Thank you, Uwe, for this information, but can you please give an average for the hourly rate of using WinAlign with .rtf document; and approx. how much work can be done in one hour? I have a total of 7500 words and need to align English>Arabic.

Thank you very much for the help.

Mahmoud.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign rates/speed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »