Jorge Nunes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:17
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 21, 2006

Dear fellow translators,

I'm in the process of signing up for a Paypal account but I'm not sure which type to choose.
Is the Premier enough for our usual freelance translator needs? or should I choose Business instead?
Your input as experienced Paypal users is much appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Percy Balemans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
Premium is enough Sep 21, 2006

Premium should be enough. Business is more aimed at bigger businesses; I think the main difference with Premium is that it allows Multi-User Access and that the fees are lower if you receive more than $3,000 a month on your account.

You can upgrade at any time, so you can always start with Premium and upgrade to Business if you need to.

Portugal
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Percy Sep 22, 2006

Thanks for your input! Unfortunately I don't think I'll get this kind of money to benefit form the lower rates At least not at this point anyway. And, you're right, I can always upgrade.

espurna
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
But there are credit cards Sep 22, 2006

As Percy says, Premier uses to be enough... but some times may happen that a customer preferes making hes/her payment to Paypal through a credit card. Then you will need a Business account. A least, this was the PayPal rule about one year ago, when it happened to me.

Percy Balemans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Credit cards with Premium and Business Sep 22, 2006

espurna wrote:

As Percy says, Premier uses to be enough... but some times may happen that a customer preferes making hes/her payment to Paypal through a credit card. Then you will need a Business account. A least, this was the PayPal rule about one year ago, when it happened to me.

You can accept credit card payments with a Premium account, but the person paying you has to have a PayPal account as well. But I think I read somewhere that with a Business account, people can pay with their credit card without needing a PayPal account. However, I think that only applies when you use PayPal in a webshop (using the "Buy Now" buttons). I can't seem to find the appropriate help text on their site any more though, so I can't check this.

Portugal
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll check Sep 25, 2006

Thank you so much espurna and Percy for your insights. I guess most clients won't use a credit card to pay but still this is something I need to check. Thank you for bringing this question forward.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which type of Paypal Account?

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs