vat threshold levels in France + Germany
Thread poster: eva75
eva75
eva75
English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2006

From which amount does one have to register for VAT in the above countries?

Does anyone know of a source where i can get an overview of the VAT threshold levels in each EU country?

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:41
Flemish to English
+ ...
My 2 cents Oct 1, 2006

If I am not mistaken, in Germany it is 55,000 euro per annum.
France is a high-taxed country, so i would not be surprised if it is lower.
There is a link on another site for translators, called TC, with reference to the tresholds in the "old"European-Union Members.

[Edited at 2006-10-01 18:30]

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:41
French to English
+ ...
for service providers Oct 1, 2006

Your annual turnover needs to be under 27 000 euros in France in order to not have to charge VAT.

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:41
German to English
European Commission's VAT website Oct 2, 2006

You can get an overview of the VAT regimes in all member states, including "small business exemptions", here:

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/traders/vat_community/index_en.htm

eva75
eva75
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No vat threshold for small companies in netherlands Oct 2, 2006

according to the following source:

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/resources/documents/taxation/vat/traders/vat_community/vat_in_EC_annexI.pdf

there is no vat threshold limit in the netherlands, can some dutch people please confirm this?

i am looking at the following section,
... See more
according to the following source:

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/resources/documents/taxation/vat/traders/vat_community/vat_in_EC_annexI.pdf

there is no vat threshold limit in the netherlands, can some dutch people please confirm this?

i am looking at the following section, i think that's the right one:
Exemption for small enterprises3

[Edited at 2006-10-02 22:19]
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 06:41
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
10 000 Lats (EUR 14290) a year in Latvia, Oct 2, 2006

if you surpass that, you're mandatory registered as a VAT payer. But you voluntarily can register as a VAT payer here from the very beginning- to your advantage.

Because you have to pay (or charge) VAT only on operations in internal market (actually, no one from his own free will on the Latvian local market will not deal with you, if you're nor a registered VAT payer- because your clients have to pay the VAT for dealings with you none the less, only if you're registered VAT payer,
... See more
if you surpass that, you're mandatory registered as a VAT payer. But you voluntarily can register as a VAT payer here from the very beginning- to your advantage.

Because you have to pay (or charge) VAT only on operations in internal market (actually, no one from his own free will on the Latvian local market will not deal with you, if you're nor a registered VAT payer- because your clients have to pay the VAT for dealings with you none the less, only if you're registered VAT payer, you submit your invoice with VAT and pay your VAT yourself. If you're not, you submit your invoice without VAT, the contractor pays you your invoice and then also separately your VAT to the Tax authorities (which considerably encumbers his accountancy).

Uldis

eva75 wrote:

From which amount does one have to register for VAT in the above countries?

Does anyone know of a source where i can get an overview of the VAT threshold levels in each EU country?

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-10-02 22:40]
Collapse

David Sirett
David Sirett
Local time: 05:41
French to English
+ ...
"micro-entreprise" not the only option Oct 13, 2006

Maria Claypoole wrote:

Finally, you just register at the ursaff and obtain a mico-entreprise avec isension tva status.

"Micro-entreprise" is just one option; it is not mandatory.

David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

vat threshold levels in France + Germany

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »