Problem with Moneybookers
Thread poster: Kelly O'Connor
Kelly O'Connor
Kelly O'Connor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:49
Italian to English
Oct 21, 2006

I have been having problems with Moneybookers and was wondering if anybody else has had the same troubles. I opened up an account in early October and uploaded a medium-sized amount from my bank account in Italy. Despite their claims, it took about a week to be credited. The day I received notice of the credit to my MB account, I withdrew the money to my account in the United States. That was October 11 and it has not appeared in my account yet. Their only non-computer generated response to my e... See more
I have been having problems with Moneybookers and was wondering if anybody else has had the same troubles. I opened up an account in early October and uploaded a medium-sized amount from my bank account in Italy. Despite their claims, it took about a week to be credited. The day I received notice of the credit to my MB account, I withdrew the money to my account in the United States. That was October 11 and it has not appeared in my account yet. Their only non-computer generated response to my emails was 3 days ago, that the money was duly transferred and would arrive "the day after tomorrow, latest". Well, that day has come and gone and no money. I sent them emails and faxes to no avail... any comments?Collapse

Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 02:49
English to Serbian
+ ...
Positive experience Oct 21, 2006

I've been using Money Bookers for years now, without any problems. Their staff always replied to my e-mails within a few days.
The first time you withraw the money to your bank account, there's a limit of $20. Since they are doing SWIFT payments it does take up to 7 working days for the money to hit your bank account.
Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

[Edited at 2006-10-21 12:10]

Pham Hoa Hiep
Pham Hoa Hiep  Identity Verified
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Any problem transfering money from moneybookers account to credit card Oct 21, 2006

Dear Branka
Do you have any experience withdrawing money using credit card?
Is it true that withdrawing money from moneybookers account to a credit card is simpler and quicker than to a bank account? I am applying for a credit card for this purpose. Thanks
Hiep

Kelly O'Connor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for the input Oct 22, 2006

Branka Stankovic McCarthy wrote:

I've been using Money Bookers for years now, without any problems. Their staff always replied to my e-mails within a few days.
The first time you withraw the money to your bank account, there's a limit of $20. Since they are doing SWIFT payments it does take up to 7 working days for the money to hit your bank account.
Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

[Edited at 2006-10-21 12:10]

well, that's good to know, although my confidence is definitely shaken. I've send endless emails and faxes, to no real avail (these computer-generated messages are maddening!)

Seems that others have had no real problems with MB, so I'm not concerned with its reputability per se, but their customer services department is dismal.

thanks

Kelly

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 01:49
English to Danish
+ ...
Lot of problems with them here Oct 23, 2006

Very bad customer service!
My MB account worked fine for years, but recently my passport expired, so they requested a new copy (which is riduculous, since I am obviously still the same person). Anyway, I sent this to them, got no response, but thought everything was fine. Then weeks later I was due a large payment, but my client couldn't pay me as the MB account had been blocked. Rang MB and got on to a person with poor English, and by the sound of it, the email had been there unread in t
... See more
Very bad customer service!
My MB account worked fine for years, but recently my passport expired, so they requested a new copy (which is riduculous, since I am obviously still the same person). Anyway, I sent this to them, got no response, but thought everything was fine. Then weeks later I was due a large payment, but my client couldn't pay me as the MB account had been blocked. Rang MB and got on to a person with poor English, and by the sound of it, the email had been there unread in their inbox for weeks, but he said he would take care of it, and I received a confirmation email.
Now it's been another two weeks and I still haven't heard back regarding the ID issue and don't know if the account has been unblocked or not.

To be completely blunt, I think they are crap, yes you do get the money, but they are not at all bothered dealing promptly with their customers. I guess it's just the usual issues with call centres and customer service these days...

Had the same trouble back when opening my account, but won't go into that here.
Collapse

Kelly O'Connor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still waiting ... Oct 23, 2006

Thanks Anne.

I think you are right about MB, eventually, you get the money, but when there is a problem and you "slip through the cracks" of their system, it is hard to scratch and crawl your way back in. I have finally heard back after calling, faxing and emailing and they said they were having problems with Australian transfers (interesting, but my bank is American, so I don't know where that fits into the picture)

In one email, they told me the money left their accou
... See more
Thanks Anne.

I think you are right about MB, eventually, you get the money, but when there is a problem and you "slip through the cracks" of their system, it is hard to scratch and crawl your way back in. I have finally heard back after calling, faxing and emailing and they said they were having problems with Australian transfers (interesting, but my bank is American, so I don't know where that fits into the picture)

In one email, they told me the money left their account on October 16 but on the one I received today, they said October 17. Hardly matters, I ordered the transfer on October 11, so either way it's late.

I'll keep you all posted on it, as this might be of interest to someone else along the line.

Kelly
Collapse

Alex Mogutnov
Alex Mogutnov
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:49
English to Russian
+ ...
yes, their payments are quite slow.... Oct 24, 2006

I use moneybookers for about a year, and received money to my bank account quickly (in two days) only once.
My experience is that the money could appear on bank account in 10-14 days after withdrawal.

gwm
gwm  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:49
Member (2005)
Moneybookers / PayPal Oct 24, 2006

You are getting me worried! It seems I have been very lucky with Moneybookers so far. I have been using Moneybookers and PayPal for a number of years now. Moneybookers mainly in Europe and PayPal for the US and Australia, as Moneybookers hasn't got a reasonable facility to upload money in the US.

So far both have been working reasonably well. I twice tested speed and charges by sending off the same amount of money on the same day. Money sent with Moneybookers was in my German bank a
... See more
You are getting me worried! It seems I have been very lucky with Moneybookers so far. I have been using Moneybookers and PayPal for a number of years now. Moneybookers mainly in Europe and PayPal for the US and Australia, as Moneybookers hasn't got a reasonable facility to upload money in the US.

So far both have been working reasonably well. I twice tested speed and charges by sending off the same amount of money on the same day. Money sent with Moneybookers was in my German bank account within 5 - 7 days, PayPal took two days longer. But PayPal was slightly cheaper. Moneybookers also has a much higher limit than PayPal for receiving money (for personal accounts - I have so far resisted a business account), which makes it ideal for payments from non-US clients. And I can move money from my UK bank account into my German bank account and vice versa with just one Moneybookers account. With PayPal I had to open a UK AND a German PayPal account in order to move money between my two bank accounts.

I think Moneybookers might have become a victim of its own success - when it started out it was a small entity and customer service was fast and efficient. I hope they can sort out the call center issues people in this forum are complaining about.
Collapse

dip2000
dip2000
English
moneybookers problems Oct 24, 2006

hi everybody,
Does anybody knows if moneybookrs still do transactions, I mean do they allow withdraws?
because me I have been trying for a week to withdraw and they do not proceed any transaction.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:49
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
No problems here Oct 24, 2006

have withdrawn slightly less than two thousand EUR within past few weeks, some few hundred of that at the end of the last week.

Uldis

Wrote this answer and decided to check- just withdraw some more. Will inform on results in few days.

dip2000 wrote:

hi everybody,
Does anybody knows if moneybookrs still do transactions, I mean do they allow withdraws?
because me I have been trying for a week to withdraw and they do not proceed any transaction.

Kelly O'Connor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
latest update Oct 25, 2006

The money finally hit my account this morning (October 25) after countless emails, faxes and phone calls. Funny thing is, first they said the money left their account on October 16, then their excuse was that there were problems with Australian deposits (??) and the money left their account on October 17. Then they claimed the money was returned to them due to my providing incorrect bank information. On the evening of October 23 (at 6.30 pm CET) , I ordered a new withdrawal to the same HSBC acco... See more
The money finally hit my account this morning (October 25) after countless emails, faxes and phone calls. Funny thing is, first they said the money left their account on October 16, then their excuse was that there were problems with Australian deposits (??) and the money left their account on October 17. Then they claimed the money was returned to them due to my providing incorrect bank information. On the evening of October 23 (at 6.30 pm CET) , I ordered a new withdrawal to the same HSBC account, with the same bank information, and low and behold, 36 hours later, the money is in the account.

Clearly they have the capability of making nearly instantaneous transfers, but somewhere the process is slowed to a crawl.

Anyway, the fact remains that the money did indeed make it over, at the low, low cost of just € 2.26 (well, actually € 4.52 but that was because I had to order two withdrawals so I paid their fee twice, but it was still a very fair fee, considering bank fees!)

[Edited at 2006-10-25 12:02]

[Edited at 2006-10-25 12:32]
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:49
English to Russian
+ ...
small question Oct 25, 2006

did you verify your bank account with the system by making small first withdrawal of maximum 20 euro? Or your withdrawal of a big amount was actually the first withdrawal from MB to that bank account?

[Edited at 2006-10-25 12:01]

Mariela Wonsiak
Mariela Wonsiak
Local time: 21:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
how to start using it? Oct 27, 2006

Hi,

It's my first time using Moneybookers and I am experiencing problems in collecting my payment.
The thing is that it asks me to verify my identity, I choose to get it verified by credit card and after following all the steps, there appears an ERROR page and says it can not charge my credit card.-
What I do not understand is if I have to do something else (like a payment to them) before I can withdraw my payment.-

I'd really appreciate your input.-
<
... See more
Hi,

It's my first time using Moneybookers and I am experiencing problems in collecting my payment.
The thing is that it asks me to verify my identity, I choose to get it verified by credit card and after following all the steps, there appears an ERROR page and says it can not charge my credit card.-
What I do not understand is if I have to do something else (like a payment to them) before I can withdraw my payment.-

I'd really appreciate your input.-

Mariela
Collapse

Darin Fitzpatrick
Darin Fitzpatrick  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Verifying with Moneybookers Oct 31, 2006

Moneybookers has different levels of limits on the amount you can withdraw in a certain time period. I believe these are based on UK law, but they might just be company policy.

You can withdraw some amount with no verification (I think it's 1,000 EUR.)

I tried to do a "credit card upload" verification just now, and it failed. I am not sure why.

I also had them send a letter to my home address, which is the way to raise the limit to the next level. I am cur
... See more
Moneybookers has different levels of limits on the amount you can withdraw in a certain time period. I believe these are based on UK law, but they might just be company policy.

You can withdraw some amount with no verification (I think it's 1,000 EUR.)

I tried to do a "credit card upload" verification just now, and it failed. I am not sure why.

I also had them send a letter to my home address, which is the way to raise the limit to the next level. I am currently at 6,000 EUR per 90 days.

The final method is to send a wire transfer to Moneybookers from your bank. This adds another 5,000 EUR to the limit.

So, it is possible that the credit card upload verification feature does not work. I have not pursued this any further.
Collapse

Barbara Cochran, MFA
Barbara Cochran, MFA  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
2 Failed Attempts At Credit Card Verfication Nov 16, 2007

I have wasted much time over the past 2 days trying to withdraw my money from Moneybookers. Their website won't let me go to the next page after I enter all my credit card information.

The "form letters" they ask you to send you are maddening because they don't take into account your specific issues. The letter I got back from a "Monica" seemed to be little more than a basic elaboration of a form letter itself. Her message is a "No Reply" message.

I'm starting to wonder
... See more
I have wasted much time over the past 2 days trying to withdraw my money from Moneybookers. Their website won't let me go to the next page after I enter all my credit card information.

The "form letters" they ask you to send you are maddening because they don't take into account your specific issues. The letter I got back from a "Monica" seemed to be little more than a basic elaboration of a form letter itself. Her message is a "No Reply" message.

I'm starting to wonder if I will ever be able to get my hard-earned funds.

I can just imagine what my phone bill would be if I call them all the way from the US and they put me on hold for 2-3 or more hours (and who knows even then if I will talk to someone who is well-informed enough to resolve the issue).
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Moneybookers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »