Thread poster: jelly_gill

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:36
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Oct 29, 2006

Hi all!!! I have opened a paypal account and activated it. But when I log in, to this site and see my profile I see only my email address and I think they dont assign any account number.
Now suppose I want to receive some money from a client via paypal, what information should I give to my client? only my user id at paypal? Remember they have not given me any account number and I think they work using user IDs only. Please suggest.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:06
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Your e-mail id Oct 29, 2006

Hi,
You just need to give your e-mail id to your clients. There is no account number.
Regards,
Ritu Bhanot

Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bank account Oct 29, 2006

Paypal is just as a email server, if someone sends you money they keep it in the "inbox", this is paypal money and you can only use it to pay/buy through paypal, if you whant to cash you money you have to request it in Paypal's site and then you will be requested to give a bank account number.

L

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Rules for India Oct 30, 2006

Residents of India can send and receive money, but can withdraw to US banks only, or get it by a check, but cannot withdraw to banks in India. Please check this website regularly, because PayPal rules are frequently changing.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:36
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 30, 2006

HI Thanks to all of you for your valuable advice and information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to receive money via paypal?

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs