Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:35
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 6, 2006

To post something on a positive note - for a change :
I just received a 20,000-word project from an agency I have never worked with before (not the one described in my previous post). While the job came from outside the ProZ system, the company's excellent rating on the Blue Board (seventeen 5s) gave me the confidence I needed to accept this job.

I just renewed this month and the membership has already paid for
... See more
To post something on a positive note - for a change :
I just received a 20,000-word project from an agency I have never worked with before (not the one described in my previous post). While the job came from outside the ProZ system, the company's excellent rating on the Blue Board (seventeen 5s) gave me the confidence I needed to accept this job.

I just renewed this month and the membership has already paid for itself.

Thank You ProZ!

[Edited at 2006-11-06 19:37]
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

For me too :-) Nov 6, 2006

I'm just finishing up a large contract with a very-well paying client (not an agency) who found me through my profile here at ProZ.com.

When I say very-well paying, I mean much more than what we regularly see on the Jobs Board.

So to those who say that ProZ.com is dumping our industry: think again! All is not as it seems. There are subtle factors at play here as well. Take heart! Your business, as in life, is what you make it.

Happy translating folkZ!
... See more
I'm just finishing up a large contract with a very-well paying client (not an agency) who found me through my profile here at ProZ.com.

When I say very-well paying, I mean much more than what we regularly see on the Jobs Board.

So to those who say that ProZ.com is dumping our industry: think again! All is not as it seems. There are subtle factors at play here as well. Take heart! Your business, as in life, is what you make it.

Happy translating folkZ!

Nancy
Collapse

Paul Roige (X)
Paul Roige (X)
Spain
Local time: 07:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Vitamin Karma Plus For You Nov 6, 2006

Thanks for sharing guys. Just the kind of news we need to hear more often.
Congrats and cheers (and please spread the good karma)

[Edited at 2006-11-06 20:59]

Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:35
English to Portuguese
+ ...
having a complete profile pays off! Nov 6, 2006

Well, it's not just about the e-mails and the replies to advertisements that you send. I do confirm that having a complete profile can open many doors for you.

Good luck on your new projects, you guys!

[Edited at 2006-11-06 22:07]

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:35
German to English
Keep the good vibes going Nov 6, 2006

I too am sometimes a bit incredulous at the negativity about the effect of proz. My rates have gone nothing but up since I became a member almost 4 years ago now.

Furthermore, perhaps I've had good luck, but off the top of my head I can think of at least EUR 10,000 in work in the last 12 months that I wouldn't have gotten if not for proz--mind you, the majority of that didn't come through the jobs system (although some did), but through the contacts one makes in the forums, in kudoz
... See more
I too am sometimes a bit incredulous at the negativity about the effect of proz. My rates have gone nothing but up since I became a member almost 4 years ago now.

Furthermore, perhaps I've had good luck, but off the top of my head I can think of at least EUR 10,000 in work in the last 12 months that I wouldn't have gotten if not for proz--mind you, the majority of that didn't come through the jobs system (although some did), but through the contacts one makes in the forums, in kudoz, and at powwows.

And I did win an ongoing project through the jobs system that could be worth the better part of EUR 15,000 annually.

I actually had the chance to say this to Henry in person when he was in Berlin, but to the rest of the staff, moderators et all, thanks! You make my life easier, and that's a big compliment in my book.

[Edited at 2006-11-07 05:07]
Collapse

Clara Duarte
Clara Duarte  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:35
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm investing on an anual membership myself! Nov 7, 2006

Thank you for the feedback I was considering buying the anual membership and this only comes to prove that it will indeed be a good investment.

Chantal Kamgne
Chantal Kamgne  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
English to French
SITE LOCALIZER
Good investment! Nov 7, 2006

Clara Figueiredo wrote:

Thank you for the feedback I was considering buying the anual membership and this only comes to prove that it will indeed be a good investment.

Proz membership is a very good investment, indeed. Do not hesitate!
I wish you the best on your projects.

Angeliki Papadopoulou
Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 08:35
English to Greek
+ ...
It helped me too... Nov 7, 2006

... as I was able to find someone to help me with an urgent job the size and complexity of which I had miscalculated. I posted the job, I had a quote within the hour and was able to complete the job.

Leonardo Fus (X)
Leonardo Fus (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks!! Nov 7, 2006

Hi!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us...it's really nice to hear that our efforts give you more opportunities to expand your business.

We are working hard everyday to give you more tools and opportunities, as our Mission statement indicates.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/&ssp=intro&sssp=mission_statement

For th
... See more
Hi!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us...it's really nice to hear that our efforts give you more opportunities to expand your business.

We are working hard everyday to give you more tools and opportunities, as our Mission statement indicates.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/&ssp=intro&sssp=mission_statement

For those who need to renew in the next months, or if you want to become a member, let me tell you that we are releasing a new, very nice campaign next week...so you can't tell later that nobody warned you!!.

The campaign will not only have nice benefits, but also will give you an opportunity to have very nice tools to improve your work...you will see the banner at the home page soon.

Let's keep building the on-line biggest translator community...!!

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com
Collapse

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 03:35
SITE STAFF
Thank you all!!! Nov 7, 2006

Dear all,

Thanks again for sharing your experience with the whole Prozian community...
As Leonardo has pointed out, there is a lot more yet to come!
A great campaign is about to be launched...we want to reach higher, and we are doing our best to provide you with more tools and opprotunties to suceed in the language industry.

As every tool, we need to use it properly to be able to get the most out of the site. For instance, your profile is definitely your bus
... See more
Dear all,

Thanks again for sharing your experience with the whole Prozian community...
As Leonardo has pointed out, there is a lot more yet to come!
A great campaign is about to be launched...we want to reach higher, and we are doing our best to provide you with more tools and opprotunties to suceed in the language industry.

As every tool, we need to use it properly to be able to get the most out of the site. For instance, your profile is definitely your business card and the first impression you make, so having your profiles complete will enable you to connet and succed!!!

Thank you all for keeping this great site going!

Best regards,

Florencia Vita
ProZ.com
Collapse

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you ProZ / Gracias / Merci / Gratias / εύγε Nov 7, 2006

I cannot but echo the positive comments for ProZ.com. I have only been Platinum a number of days, and have already felt the benefits, both directly through the system and from without.

Where would I go to have from 25 to 100 people look at my profile every day from around the world for work they are interested in getting done?

And what better way to build up my skill, ranking and confidence than by active participation in Kudoz, both to learn from the masters and give
... See more
I cannot but echo the positive comments for ProZ.com. I have only been Platinum a number of days, and have already felt the benefits, both directly through the system and from without.

Where would I go to have from 25 to 100 people look at my profile every day from around the world for work they are interested in getting done?

And what better way to build up my skill, ranking and confidence than by active participation in Kudoz, both to learn from the masters and give my own two cents?

Networking, quality forums discussions, professional peer feedback, informative and well-written articles, prompt service response... the list goes on!

Sure, I could probably do some of this manually, but at what time cost?

In my own experience, my ProZ.com membership has definitely been worth the investment for the ease, professionality and time-saving service it provides!
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:35
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Thank you ProZ.com Paldies/Ačiū/Aite/Danke/Grazie/Merci/Tack sa mycket/and all else languages Nov 9, 2006

The same here- 1101 looks from 401 visitors within last month, I can only thank God that all of them didn't want something (though some sure did and we obliged), as there are only as many translators in Baltic countries, as there are (and by far too few), but, e.g., just today we got an order via ProZ contacts so huge that it takes up all our available resources for a few weeks, at the moment I have no idea what to do with all other orders which surely will arrive like a clockwork during tomorro... See more
The same here- 1101 looks from 401 visitors within last month, I can only thank God that all of them didn't want something (though some sure did and we obliged), as there are only as many translators in Baltic countries, as there are (and by far too few), but, e.g., just today we got an order via ProZ contacts so huge that it takes up all our available resources for a few weeks, at the moment I have no idea what to do with all other orders which surely will arrive like a clockwork during tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and so on and on during these next two weeks... OK, I guess we'll manage somehow...

(And that doesn't mean we will deliver substandard quality to all the others-, you know, it takes years to build a reputation, but only a minute to loose it- but it surely will be a challenge).

And it's not a complaint, but a compliment to ProZ.

I couldn't even dream about anything like before the times of ProZ...

Uldis

Nicholas Ferreira wrote:
In my own experience, my ProZ.com membership has definitely been worth the investment for the ease, professionality and time-saving service it provides!

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-11-09 00:15]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ Membership Pays Off Again

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »