Average agency cut
Thread poster: kermitpt
kermitpt
kermitpt
English to Portuguese
Nov 13, 2006

I'm a student researching the translation market, and it would be very useful to have an idea on how much (on average) is the agency cut on the final price of the service.

Can you guys help me out?

Lorenia Rincon
Lorenia Rincon  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
in Mexico....20-25 % and 30% and mare Nov 13, 2006

In Mexico, in the area where I work, the agencies usually make 20 to 25% on the interpretation assignments and about 30% (up to 50% sometimes) on translations.

I know this because I also work directly with clients so I know what the final price to the client is and how much I get paid when I work for an agency.

I used to get a bit upset at the beginning when I realized how much "less" I was making when working through an agency, but the truth is that they also have over
... See more
In Mexico, in the area where I work, the agencies usually make 20 to 25% on the interpretation assignments and about 30% (up to 50% sometimes) on translations.

I know this because I also work directly with clients so I know what the final price to the client is and how much I get paid when I work for an agency.

I used to get a bit upset at the beginning when I realized how much "less" I was making when working through an agency, but the truth is that they also have overhead, they get the clients that I would probably miss and most important: they take the risk with the client because in the end they have to pay me whether they get paid or not.
Collapse

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also read... Nov 13, 2006

Hi there.

The thread http://www.proz.com/topic/59572 also deals with this.

Regards,
Jerónimo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Average agency cut

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »