Mobile menu

Price quote for web page translation on the basis of the web page itself?
Thread poster: Piret Parmakson
Piret Parmakson  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:24
German to Estonian
+ ...
Nov 17, 2006

How to make a price quote for translation of a web page, if the client doesn't provide any source files, but just refers to his web site which - of course - is on the web. And it's a quite complex dynamic site where the visitors can make different queries and get customized information in response. Probably some 30K words or more.
By the way, I'm wondering if he will provide any files at all, when the real work starts. I have the feeling that he is expecting the translator to extract all the content from the web site. Is this possible for such a complex site as described above? How do the web page translators usually handle this kind of jobs?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
Search the forum Nov 17, 2006

Hi Pipar,

This is an FAQ and has been discussed thoroughly before:
http://www.proz.com/post/388910

Up til now, WinHTTrack is the best freeware (open source) to deal with this problem. Read more here:
http://www.proz.com/post/342599

/Jan

Piret Parmakson  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:24
German to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You, Jan Nov 17, 2006

actually I searched in forums before posting my question. I found some stuff about web page translation but not those topics. Thank You again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price quote for web page translation on the basis of the web page itself?

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs