I need EU pay scale in an embassy for Translater/Interpreter and few other job titles
Thread poster: the_pianist
the_pianist
the_pianist
Local time: 10:46
English to Romanian
Nov 17, 2006

Hi,
My boss gave me an assignment (task) to do. I really need the EU pay(salary) scale in an embassy for the next job titles:
- General Utility man
- Secrettary
- Official Driver
- Translater/Interpreters
- IT/Special projects Coordinater

It doesn't matter where you can give me some info about this. It could be any embassy working in France, UK, Ge, any country from EU. If you could give me a site or names so that the information i present
... See more
Hi,
My boss gave me an assignment (task) to do. I really need the EU pay(salary) scale in an embassy for the next job titles:
- General Utility man
- Secrettary
- Official Driver
- Translater/Interpreters
- IT/Special projects Coordinater

It doesn't matter where you can give me some info about this. It could be any embassy working in France, UK, Ge, any country from EU. If you could give me a site or names so that the information i present would be valid, it's perfect. Thank you and i d really appreciate that.
God bless
Collapse

mjbjosh
mjbjosh
Local time: 09:46
English to Latvian
+ ...
Salaries Nov 17, 2006

http://europa.eu.int/comm/dgs/personnel_administration/statut/tocen100.pdf

You can find the salaries that respond to different levels in the document above. You will have to find out though what level each of these jobs falls in.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 00:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Contact the particular embassy and ask for rate guide Nov 18, 2006

Greetings

Assuming the project involves bringing in a "outside" interpreter, rather than engage a full-time paid member of the embassy staff, perhaps the easiest solution would be to contact the particular embassy and ask for the embassy's compensation schedule/pay guide established for paying outside vendors for such occasional professional language services.

That seems to be a common and workable practice among embassies, consulates and other foreign legations here i
... See more
Greetings

Assuming the project involves bringing in a "outside" interpreter, rather than engage a full-time paid member of the embassy staff, perhaps the easiest solution would be to contact the particular embassy and ask for the embassy's compensation schedule/pay guide established for paying outside vendors for such occasional professional language services.

That seems to be a common and workable practice among embassies, consulates and other foreign legations here in the US.

FYI, most "foreign official missions" in the US also usually have a register of interpreters and their pay rates, which vary according to the interpreters' skills and subject areas they can cover.

Hope this helps you in some measure on your research.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
English Arabic,
Kurdish and Persian
San Pedro, California
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:46
Flemish to English
+ ...
Difference between international institutions and foreign missions. Nov 18, 2006

The EU-payscale is for EU-officials only, not for freelancers or other international staff working at embassies.
Embassies pay the same wages for the same job at a company in a particular country would pay : the British embassy in Brussels was looking for an administrative assistant. Wages: €1.990 gross per month.
Given that these salaries are subject to Belgian taxes whereas the much higher E.U.-salaries are subject to E.U.-taxes, this equals about €1250-1300 per month.
... See more
The EU-payscale is for EU-officials only, not for freelancers or other international staff working at embassies.
Embassies pay the same wages for the same job at a company in a particular country would pay : the British embassy in Brussels was looking for an administrative assistant. Wages: €1.990 gross per month.
Given that these salaries are subject to Belgian taxes whereas the much higher E.U.-salaries are subject to E.U.-taxes, this equals about €1250-1300 per month.

[Edited at 2006-11-18 10:28]
Collapse

the_pianist
the_pianist
Local time: 10:46
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you guys all, Nov 20, 2006

Hi,
Thank u very much. If u still hear something or find out anything about these job titles salary scale in any EU embassy please let me know. Could u please just tell me how much could do a person per month if he would work for a company with the same job titles?

General Utility man
Secretary
Official Driver
Translater
IT/Special Projects Coordinator

Thank u guys again and God bless
mjbjosh wrote:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/dgs/personnel_administration/statut/tocen100.pdf

You can find the salaries that respond to different levels in the document above. You will have to find out though what level each of these jobs falls in.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need EU pay scale in an embassy for Translater/Interpreter and few other job titles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »