Thread poster: kterelak
kterelak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:50
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2006

Hi,

I am a new user of Paypal. Two weeks ago I sucessfully received the first payment from a customer through Paypal. However, my second customer notified me that they had had a problem with sending money.

Did you encounter similar problems? What went wrong? Perheps my customer did something wrong.

I have a private account with unrestricted money limits.

Thanks in advance
Katarzyna

Direct link Reply with quote

sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
English to Russian
+ ...
Customer's country? Nov 27, 2006

Katarzyna,

Check out the list of countries working with Paypal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside.

Or. on the negative side, the client is making up excuses for not paying on time..

M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
English to Polish
Information Nov 27, 2006

Ask the customer what went wrong; if there was an error then they received information about it and what kind of problem it was (wrong email, problem with payment, whatever) - then you could contact PP staff to clarify things.

Personally, I didn't have any problems with receiving payment so far, and there's been quite a few from diffrent places of the world.

But I'm afraid sokolniki may be right - it may be an excuse to postpone payment, especially since they didn't give you any specific information on the problem they have encountered (from your post seems like they didn't).

A Polish writing to fellow Polish in English... stranger things were happening

Anni

kterelak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:50
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank to you all... Nov 27, 2006

I do not think the problem is with the customer, the amount is rather small and I have been cooperating with them for quite some time. Good payers.

The company is based in Luxembourg, so I guess the country problem is also out of question.

I asked them about the message from the Paypal system, and am waiting for reply. We'll see about it...

Katarzyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem receiving money through Paypal

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs