Mobile menu

Job charge calculator utility?
Thread poster: Soluna

English to German
Dec 11, 2006

Using Trados, I often have to calculate invoice amounts based on my rate per thousand and then applying percentage discounts for 100%, fuzzy etc. Does anyone know of a way of automating this process somewhat so that my calculator doesn't get overworked? I am thinking maybe of an Excel routine (but I know next to nothing about calculations in Excel) or a little custom utility.

There must be thousands of us doing these calculations every day, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Direct link Reply with quote
Helen Filippou
Local time: 21:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Formulas in Excel Dec 11, 2006

Hi Dagmar

If I am not misunderstanding your concern, I would think that you need an Excel sheet with formulas in the cells, so that your calculations will be automatic.

However, in order to explain to you what type of formulas you will need and how to express them in excel, I would need an example.

If you want to pursue this, please email me at and I would be pleased to help if I can.

Good luck

English to German
We have it! Dec 12, 2006

Okay, with the help of Elena and a good friend, we have made an Excel sheet which will allow us to cut and paste data directly from a Trados analysis log file and automatically work out the charge for each translation file.

If you want a copy, please contact me in the usual way. It will probably need a bit of tinkering with to fit your exact requirements (eg the percentages awarded for each match type will change according to the client, no doubt).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job charge calculator utility?

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs