Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Rates for on-site linguistic testing
Thread poster: Vanessa Marques

Vanessa Marques
Portugal
Local time: 15:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 8, 2002

Dear all

I hope you can share your opinion about the following:

What are the reasonable rates for linguistic testing on-site, let\'s say, on one day in another country?

Thank you

Vanessa

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hourly rate plus expenses Nov 8, 2002

I suggest your hourly rate for the first 7.5 hours, plus a surcharge for overtime (if any) plus expenses (materials, travel, meals, accommodation).

Vanessa Marques
Portugal
Local time: 15:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you but... Nov 9, 2002

Thank you but I\'d like to know how much I should charge per hour. What would be reasonable for you folks?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for on-site linguistic testing

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums