On-site testing - how to charge?
Thread poster: Vanessa Marques

Vanessa Marques
Local time: 12:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 9, 2002

Dear all

What are the reasonable rates for on-site linguistic testing, let\'s say, 8 hours in another country? I know the expenses (travel accomodation, etc) should be paid for, but what I\'d like to know is what would be the reasonable hourly rate.

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

JCEC  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
English to French
4 hours minimum Nov 9, 2002

I charge my ususal rate in multiples of four hours. Even if you work only five hours, your entire day is lost. Another approcah is to charge for the exact number of hours plus the workable hours during which you travel.

Oleg Rudavin  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:40
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
A sample from an offer Nov 10, 2002

\"There will be a remuneration of 22 gross Euros per worked hour, payable thirty days after the invoice date.

There will be a remuneration of 44 gross Euros per diem to cover for the expenses incurred during the stay of the collaborator until finalization of the works purpose of this agreement.\"

Hope it helps

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:40
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
450 words Nov 11, 2002

My hourly rate is for any language-related activity that is billed by time, is 450 words.

I forgot to mention previously in addition to your expenses related to travelling to another location, you may want to add preparation time to the billing if you need to research, prepare testing materials, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On-site testing - how to charge?

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs