Mobile menu

Advertisement translation in newspaper
Thread poster: shstephaniepark

shstephaniepark
South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
Jan 15, 2007

One of my clients asked me of translating an advertisement appearing in newspaper. I translated website texts for him under same theme before.

I wonder if I apply same tarif to the ad translation as I receive from text translating.

Direct link Reply with quote

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:25
Member (2004)
German to English
Yes, why not? Jan 15, 2007

I would just charge your standard rate, whatever that is - with the proviso that if the wordcount is small you may want to tell the client that you have a minimum rate for small jobs, and if extra work on formatting or layout is required you may want to add a markup for that.

Capesha  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:25
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
agree with Armorel Jan 15, 2007

why not? It is the same job - more or less

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:25
English to German
+ ...
Localization Jan 16, 2007

If the client asked you for localization instead for translation only, then this is an entirely different story as you have to bridge different cultures. If this is the case you should at least double your rate. Ad copies usually are short and outsourcers are willing to pay those rates. It's still less expensive than hiring a local ad agency...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advertisement translation in newspaper

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs