Mobile menu

Advertisement translation in newspaper
Thread poster: shstephaniepark

South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
Jan 15, 2007

One of my clients asked me of translating an advertisement appearing in newspaper. I translated website texts for him under same theme before.

I wonder if I apply same tarif to the ad translation as I receive from text translating.

Direct link Reply with quote

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:50
Member (2004)
German to English
Yes, why not? Jan 15, 2007

I would just charge your standard rate, whatever that is - with the proviso that if the wordcount is small you may want to tell the client that you have a minimum rate for small jobs, and if extra work on formatting or layout is required you may want to add a markup for that.

Capesha  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:50
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
agree with Armorel Jan 15, 2007

why not? It is the same job - more or less

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
English to German
+ ...
Localization Jan 16, 2007

If the client asked you for localization instead for translation only, then this is an entirely different story as you have to bridge different cultures. If this is the case you should at least double your rate. Ad copies usually are short and outsourcers are willing to pay those rates. It's still less expensive than hiring a local ad agency...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advertisement translation in newspaper

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs