Small claims form: how do I lodge a claim
Thread poster: Jason Willis-Lee

Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 17, 2007

Hi,

My apologies if this is a well trodden issue but I wish to lodge a small claim against a non-paying customer.

Could a friendly and wise colleague point me in the right direction and let me know how the process works. This is the first time I am forced to lodge such a claim. The amount of the debt amounts to 130 euros.

Thanks in advance.
Jason.

Direct link Reply with quote

Debora Villa
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Where are you based? Jan 17, 2007

Hi Jason,

Where are you based? If you are in the UK I can give you the details of the Small Claims COurt, I used this system succesfully last November. However if you are in SPain I really don't know, sorry!

lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to English
If you're claiming in Spain... Jan 17, 2007

...have a look at this thread: http://www.proz.com/post/420922#420922 or do a Forums search for "monitório" (procedimiento monitório, proceso monitório, juzgado monitório). It's the Spanish semi-equivalent to the English small claims court.

I've no personal experience of it, but it might give you a starting point.

Niels Verner
Denmark
English to Danish
What if I live in Denmark? Jan 18, 2007

I may be forced to file a claim agianst a British translation company soon. How do I go about this when I live in Denmark?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Small claims form: how do I lodge a claim

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs