Mobile menu

Off topic: Another scam... "Are you ready"?
Thread poster: Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
English to French
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

This is what I received today. Nothing to do with translation here, but I guess it's still "money matters". If not, moderators could you please move the thread to where it belongs.

"Hi there
I wish this message finds you in a great mood
First I would like to congratulate you on this offer because our company just got your contact and your brief profile through an web listing. I'd be very interested in giving you a great job in which you could get an extra income up to $4000 monthly
This work won't affect your current job and this is a very limited offer in which I would require your immediate response.
I will be hoping to hear from you soon, since it is a job that will enable you to work at home.
You will also be given the opportunity of being a part of our future and winning team in which you will be highly appreciated.
Please fill out our application form, no money upfront, just your name and a phone number:
Your enquiry will be processed as soon as possible

Direct link Reply with quote

jelly_gill  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:49
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
another way to extract your vital information Jan 19, 2007

Hi all... I have visited the said link, and it has got all the elements of a sophisticated crime.

1. There is no phone or mobile number.

2. Their contact address is via a PO Box.

A genuine company indulging in a genuine business need not hide their phone numbers and actual adress from the general public. but in this case, they are not revealing anything which might help you trace them, in case of a fraud.

May be when you click their "I am ready" button, a malicious worm or virus might enter you PC and start spying on you to steal your online banking passwords and credit card details or at least your identity.

The all time fit advice is: whenever someone offers you cheap money for little work, and hides his/her intentions and adress and contact number, simply avoid them.

Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
English to French
+ ...
What my impression is Jan 19, 2007

...that it is a variant of the "pastor/bischop and his wife" scam: they send you a check and then ask you to deposit the same amount minus your "percentage" on one of their accounts, and you realize only when it's too late that their check was without provision or whatever. And it's over, they go to the next pigeon.

Local time: 23:19
English to German
This is most likely a money laundering scheme Jan 19, 2007

Looks like another web site trying to recruit people for money laundering. For more information see:

Money-Laundering and Reshipping Scams

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another scam... "Are you ready"?

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs