Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:59
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 23, 2007

Hi everybody,

I was contacted by a direct client from the USA today. Everything went very well (maybe suspiciously well), and he agreed to pay 50% of the total price upfront. He said he was in a rush to get the document translated, and he straight away sent the agreed amount to my PayPal account. In my account, his payment shows as "PayPal Credit". All the other payments from my clients usually show as "Payment" in my PayPal history. What is this "PayPal Credit"? Is there anything fishy about this? What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Stefanie

[Edited at 2007-01-23 18:53]

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:59
English to German
+ ...
Hi Stefanie Jan 23, 2007

Sounds like he paid with a PayPal credit card. Did you have any problems with the withdrawal?

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:59
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarified Jan 23, 2007

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your posting. I just withdrew the money, and there were no problems.

I just gave PayPal's customer service a call, and they said that my client has either used a buyer's credit from Paypal or a credit card. They said there was no need for me to worry.

Stefanie

[Edited at 2007-01-23 21:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is a PayPal Credit?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs