https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/65234-sending_a_small_amount_from_the_us_to_italy.html

Sending a small amount from the US to Italy
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:52
Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2007

Hello,
I outsourced a small job to a colleague in Italy. I thought about using Moneybookers, but the amount is very low (around $30.00), and I'm not sure how much they'll charge me to transfer the money from my US bank to my Moneybookers account. I'd like to hear about other people's experiences with sending small amounts from the US to EU contries and how much money Moneybookers deduct in these situations.

Thanks,
Claudia

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 04:52
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I have EURO account in Moneybookers Feb 5, 2007

Hi,
In euros they charge 1.80 for uploading the money. In USD should be similar small amount.
I don't know about Paypal as it does not work in our country.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2007-02-05 17:56]

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:52
English to Russian
+ ...
ask your bank Feb 10, 2007

Moneybookers will charge you 30 american cents for sending 30 dollars to Italy.

The biggest charge will be the one your bank charges you to upload funds to moneybookers. You need to find out with them.

You can upload 30 dollars using credit card option as well. It will be 1.9% of the amount = 0.57 usd

++
It works out about 87 cents in total for the remittance.

In case you have no any other charges related with your card, it seems to be a
... See more
Moneybookers will charge you 30 american cents for sending 30 dollars to Italy.

The biggest charge will be the one your bank charges you to upload funds to moneybookers. You need to find out with them.

You can upload 30 dollars using credit card option as well. It will be 1.9% of the amount = 0.57 usd

++
It works out about 87 cents in total for the remittance.

In case you have no any other charges related with your card, it seems to be a reasonable cost...

[Edited at 2007-02-10 21:12]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sending a small amount from the US to Italy

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »