Rate for two languages to translate
Thread poster: Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
France
Local time: 17:03
English to French
+ ...
Feb 7, 2007

I need to do an estimate to translate a brochure from English & Spanish.
Do you find this normal if I invoice 0.13€ for Spanish and 0.14€ per word fro English ?
Are the rates I offer normal rates ?

Thanks for your answers and advices.

Direct link Reply with quote

M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:03
English to Polish
Different rates Feb 7, 2007

I cannot say if your rates are "normal" in matter of how high they are, but I do charge differently for different lang pairs too. The "less common" are more expencive.

Anni

Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 18:03
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Who is it for? Feb 7, 2007

1. Are you translating for an agency or directly for a client? Your rates are a tad high for an agency, normal for an end client.

2. Are you expected to deliver similar to the linguistic style of the brochure which I assume is written by an advertising agency, or will your translation be reworked by a copyright author? i.e. are you expected to create slogans and buzz words?

3. What is the going rate for your pair, for this type of work? i.e. what is the competition charging.

4. Is this a regular customer, or do you expect them to be one? You may consider introductory rates just to develop a feeling for them and their business potential.

Best of luck
Faruk

[Edited at 2007-02-07 17:17]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for two languages to translate

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs