Mobile menu

Rate for two languages to translate
Thread poster: Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
Local time: 01:49
English to French
+ ...
Feb 7, 2007

I need to do an estimate to translate a brochure from English & Spanish.
Do you find this normal if I invoice 0.13€ for Spanish and 0.14€ per word fro English ?
Are the rates I offer normal rates ?

Thanks for your answers and advices.

Direct link Reply with quote

M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:49
English to Polish
+ ...
Different rates Feb 7, 2007

I cannot say if your rates are "normal" in matter of how high they are, but I do charge differently for different lang pairs too. The "less common" are more expencive.

Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:49
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Who is it for? Feb 7, 2007

1. Are you translating for an agency or directly for a client? Your rates are a tad high for an agency, normal for an end client.

2. Are you expected to deliver similar to the linguistic style of the brochure which I assume is written by an advertising agency, or will your translation be reworked by a copyright author? i.e. are you expected to create slogans and buzz words?

3. What is the going rate for your pair, for this type of work? i.e. what is the competition charging.

4. Is this a regular customer, or do you expect them to be one? You may consider introductory rates just to develop a feeling for them and their business potential.

Best of luck

[Edited at 2007-02-07 17:17]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for two languages to translate

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs