https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/65408-rate_for_two_languages_to_translate.html

Rate for two languages to translate
Thread poster: Julie FOLTZ
Julie FOLTZ
Julie FOLTZ
France
Local time: 03:54
English to French
+ ...
Feb 7, 2007

I need to do an estimate to translate a brochure from English & Spanish.
Do you find this normal if I invoice 0.13€ for Spanish and 0.14€ per word fro English ?
Are the rates I offer normal rates ?

Thanks for your answers and advices.

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:54
English to Polish
Different rates Feb 7, 2007

I cannot say if your rates are "normal" in matter of how high they are, but I do charge differently for different lang pairs too. The "less common" are more expencive.

Anni

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Who is it for? Feb 7, 2007

1. Are you translating for an agency or directly for a client? Your rates are a tad high for an agency, normal for an end client.

2. Are you expected to deliver similar to the linguistic style of the brochure which I assume is written by an advertising agency, or will your translation be reworked by a copyright author? i.e. are you expected to create slogans and buzz words?

3. What is the going rate for your pair, for this type of work? i.e. what is the competition cha
... See more
1. Are you translating for an agency or directly for a client? Your rates are a tad high for an agency, normal for an end client.

2. Are you expected to deliver similar to the linguistic style of the brochure which I assume is written by an advertising agency, or will your translation be reworked by a copyright author? i.e. are you expected to create slogans and buzz words?

3. What is the going rate for your pair, for this type of work? i.e. what is the competition charging.

4. Is this a regular customer, or do you expect them to be one? You may consider introductory rates just to develop a feeling for them and their business potential.

Best of luck
Faruk

[Edited at 2007-02-07 17:17]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for two languages to translate

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »