Nov 23, 2002

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-20 18:17]

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:08
German to English
Numerous factors Nov 23, 2002

A lot depends upon where your client is located. Here in the US, I have one agency that pays almost immediately upon receipt of the invoice (longest wait was 2 weeks, including snail mail delivery time). Some agencies pay at the end of the month following receipt of the invoice. My German clients tend to pay at the end of the month.

Kevin

Khulan S.
Khulan S.  Identity Verified
Mongolia
Local time: 21:08
Member (2003)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Kfulton for your reply Nov 23, 2002

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-20 18:18]

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:08
German to English
+ ...
It depends... Nov 24, 2002

I get paid anywhere between 2-8 weeks after sending an invoice...and direct clients are not the faster ones. So I just try to balance who I am working for at any given time to make sure there is a steady flow coming in, just like I try to balance $ and EUR jobs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »