what does \"IBAN code of bank\" stand for?
Thread poster: taoyuting
taoyuting
taoyuting
China
Local time: 22:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 25, 2002

one of a translation agency ask me the IBAN code of the bank, which my account is in, in order to do the bank transfer,what does it mean? is it as important as Swift code?

and anyone know IBAN for Bank of China?

and they require me to offer my VAT number, but in China, individual has not that no.,what to do?

David Sirett
David Sirett
Local time: 15:22
French to English
+ ...
IBAN = international bank account number Nov 25, 2002

See http://www.apacs.org.uk/IBAN/iban/default.html for an explanation. It\'s just a replacement for the account number (and in fact includes the account number. If you want to know whether the Bank of China uses IBANs, you\'ll have to ask them.

If you haven\'t got an IBAN (not all countries use them yet, and not all accounts necessarily have them yet even in countries that do), your usual bank d
... See more
See http://www.apacs.org.uk/IBAN/iban/default.html for an explanation. It\'s just a replacement for the account number (and in fact includes the account number. If you want to know whether the Bank of China uses IBANs, you\'ll have to ask them.

If you haven\'t got an IBAN (not all countries use them yet, and not all accounts necessarily have them yet even in countries that do), your usual bank details should be enough: sort code, account number, etc.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:22
English to German
+ ...
IBAN + SWIFT BIC Nov 25, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-25 07:02, taoyuting wrote:

one of a translation agency ask me the IBAN code of the bank, which my account is in, in order to do the bank transfer,what does it mean? is it as important as Swift code?

The IBAN does not refer to the bank (although each bank using IBANs has its own way of structuring them), but to your account - IOW it\'s *y... See more
Quote:

On 2002-11-25 07:02, taoyuting wrote:

The IBAN does not refer to the bank (although each bank using IBANs has its own way of structuring them), but to your account - IOW it\'s *your* IBAN, not the bank\'s.

The SWIFT BIC (=bank identifier code) is the code identifying your bank in international cross-border payments; if you don\'t have an IBAN, use your account number, but always include the SWIFT code.

Quote:

and they require me to offer my VAT number, but in China, individual has not that no.,what to do?

Just point it out to them.

HTH - Ralf ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what does \"IBAN code of bank\" stand for?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »