Thread poster: Helene Martin-Hernandez

Helene Martin-Hernandez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:40
English to French
+ ...
Feb 14, 2007

Hello all!
I know this question had been discussed on the forums, but the response were not quite right to my own situation. Basically, I hav been asked to provide a quote for "voice coaching", which consists in going to a studio (or the company site), and giving guidance regarding pronunciation of about 20 lines.
I thought about charging an hourly rate, but would that be right, and how much should I charge? And should this rate include the journey expenses?
Thank you all for sharing your experience with me.
Hélène

Direct link Reply with quote

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:40
Flemish to English
+ ...
In 2003 Feb 14, 2007

In 2003 my voice-coach charged 50 euros per hour.
Of course, you should include travel-costs.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Voice-coaching"

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs