Mobile menu

Using Paypal in Brazil
Thread poster: Maria Murta
Maria Murta
Local time: 13:25
Portuguese to English
Mar 7, 2007

Hi! I need to know how to use paypal as I have a client who wants to pay me through paypal and I have no idea on how it works. How do I withdraw my money? I have opened my account in their site but it is not clear to me on how I can tranfer the money to my account. Oh! this is important of course I`m Brazilian so does it work here? Thank you so much for your help.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-08 07:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxElizabeth Ma
Local time: 14:25
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I think there are fees... Mar 8, 2007

Hi,

I use paypal too, but I have it linked to my US account to which I can make free transfers. I have heard from Brazilian friends here that one cannot withdraw from paypal to a Brazilian account without paying some stiff fees, from which American accounts are exempt.

Other options are to use the money in your paypal account to make online purchases, or possibly get a paypal debit card. I would call paypal and check with them about the regulations for Brazil, I know it works differently here.

Good luck,
-Elizabeth

Lincoln Silveira
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try this... Mar 8, 2007

Maria,

Indeed, you will not be able to have funds transferred from Paypal to a Brazilian bank account. This possibility is not yet open to Brazilian members of Paypal.

Supposing you have already signed up to Paypal, you may request a check withdrawal at $11 per check. It will be some time before you see the money in your bank account because the check will be mailed to you from Paypal's representative in SP and also on account of the added clearance time. If you do this, you should contact your bank beforehand to ask whether they can accept a check in US dollars (or other foreign currency).

Alternatively, you may try and sell the check to a currency exchange operator. There is some time involved in clearing as well. You may try this one (I have worked with them here in Fortaleza):

http://www.confidencecambio.com.br/

Lastly, the fastest alternative is Transferpal, if you are willing to pay their fees (I also use them):

http://www.siliconaction.com.br/transferpal/

Hope it helps,

Lincoln

[Edited at 2007-03-08 20:08]

Roberto Tokuda  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Xoom Mar 8, 2007

Maria Murta wrote:

Hi! I need to know how to use paypal as I have a client who wants to pay me through paypal and I have no idea on how it works. How do I withdraw my money? I have opened my account in their site but it is not clear to me on how I can tranfer the money to my account. Oh! this is important of course I`m Brazilian so does it work here? Thank you so much for your help.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-08 07:07]

Hello!

If you have a bank account in Banco do brazil, Bradesco, Itaú or Banco Rendimento (many other banks is listed), you can transfer your Paypal funds directly to your account between xoom.com.

https://www.xoom.com/?x=42&co=BR

Best regards
Roberto Tokuda

[Edited at 2007-03-08 22:41]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Paypal in Brazil

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs