Thread poster: MagicSpel
MagicSpel
MagicSpel
Local time: 11:49
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2007

Hi Everyone:

I got a new accountant recently who isn't very familiar with PayPal/Moneybookers. However, she is surprised at how high the fees are for PayPal (I have a busineiss account and lose 3% to fees (no clue why that much) for each payment that comes onto my account.

Is it possible to declare theses fees as an expense for tax purposes? I'm in Poland, but any input will be appreciated.

Sonia Hill
Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:49
Italian to English
Yes Mar 13, 2007

I declare them as an expense in the UK.

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Financial costs Mar 13, 2007

They fall under the same heading as the service rates for cashing cheques or making money transfers.

MagicSpel
MagicSpel
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No? Mar 13, 2007

Parrot wrote:

They fall under the same heading as the service rates for cashing cheques or making money transfers.

So you mean no?

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Can be written off Mar 13, 2007

As already stated in the previous postings, these expenses can of course be written off. Any account expenses, if for an old-fashioned bank account or an online account, which arise when transferring money to or from your business are deductible. However it would be a good idea to avoid any private transfers connected to your PayPal account, and only use it for business.

Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-S
... See more
As already stated in the previous postings, these expenses can of course be written off. Any account expenses, if for an old-fashioned bank account or an online account, which arise when transferring money to or from your business are deductible. However it would be a good idea to avoid any private transfers connected to your PayPal account, and only use it for business.

Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Website www.hansson.de
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can PayPal fees be written off?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »