Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
USD or €uro - amongst us which is a better price?
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 11:19
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sure I did... Mar 18, 2007

efreitag wrote:

Brandis wrote:
My client understands now. I send him this thread.

Are you really sure you want to let your client read this thread?
information and thoughts must be made transparent to anyone connected. I guess I understand that under such a community portal technology. I suppose no moderator gives me a yellow ticket for this now anyway all is well that ends well. Brandis

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:19
Dutch to English
+ ...
Euro or USD Mar 18, 2007

Hi Brandis,

The Euro is the better price. However, you quoted to the client the way you did and should stick to that even if it is not profitable now for you in the end. Just like you would want the client to stick to previously made commitments. It works both ways. Well, anyway, my two cents.
I am sorry that this would be costing you.

PS. Regarding your posting. It was a difficult to read/to make sense, but I knew where you were coming from. You were frustr
... See more
Hi Brandis,

The Euro is the better price. However, you quoted to the client the way you did and should stick to that even if it is not profitable now for you in the end. Just like you would want the client to stick to previously made commitments. It works both ways. Well, anyway, my two cents.
I am sorry that this would be costing you.

PS. Regarding your posting. It was a difficult to read/to make sense, but I knew where you were coming from. You were frustrated and that frustration showed in your posting.

Take care!
Lucinda

[Edited at 2007-03-18 13:35]
Collapse

Peter Wagner
Peter Wagner  Identity Verified
Hungary
German to Hungarian
+ ...
5 Minutes Mar 18, 2007

Sorry!

Dear Brandis,

maybe I can suggest you something: the next time, if an outsourcer asks you about the prices, you needn't answer him at once but ask him to call you back 5 minutes later, or you can tell him yourself to call him back after 5 minutes. (Or maybe 10 minutes, if you want.) Thus you have a little bit time to think about it and don't have to modify or explain your bad decisions.

I wish you a lot of succes.

Péter

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
No client will ever understand a price increase Mar 18, 2007

Hi Brandis!

Your question is crystal clear to me, namely what should you do to make the client accept a price increase after you originally quoted too low a price? As others have said, there is nothing you can do after the deal has been concluded.

Naturally, ideally you should always quote in Euros, and in target words for DE-EN and source words for EN-DE. Otherwise, you could also follow the German convention and quote the price for a 55-character line.

A
... See more
Hi Brandis!

Your question is crystal clear to me, namely what should you do to make the client accept a price increase after you originally quoted too low a price? As others have said, there is nothing you can do after the deal has been concluded.

Naturally, ideally you should always quote in Euros, and in target words for DE-EN and source words for EN-DE. Otherwise, you could also follow the German convention and quote the price for a 55-character line.

Astrid
Collapse

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Think twice before quoting/posting Mar 19, 2007

Péter Wagner wrote:
you needn't answer him at once but ask him to call you back 5 minutes later,

Good advice. The same with posting in a forum, isn't it? Take your time even when posting a thread. Saves an awful lot of time for people who are willing to help.
Collegial greetings
Steffi

[Edited at 2007-03-19 11:38]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again. Mar 19, 2007

Tuliparola wrote:

Péter Wagner wrote:
you needn't answer him at once but ask him to call you back 5 minutes later,

Good advice. The same with posting in a forum, isn't it? Take your time even when posting a thread. Saves an awful lot of time for people who are willing to help.
Collegial greetings
Steffi

[Edited at 2007-03-19 11:38]
I have got all the help I had intended to get. Brandis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

USD or €uro - amongst us which is a better price?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »