Chris Dravers
Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:19
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 29, 2007

Hello. This is a follow-up the previous topic I posted. Sincere thanks to everybody who replied.
The thing is the debt I'm owed is very small: 250 euros and is owed by a proz colleague and not a company or agency. There was no purchase order and I only have the emails. The terms of payment were only detailed on the proz job advertisement (is this binding?) Is it worth/possible to contract a debt collecting agency for such a sum and with so few justificatory documents? Is the small court o
... See more
Hello. This is a follow-up the previous topic I posted. Sincere thanks to everybody who replied.
The thing is the debt I'm owed is very small: 250 euros and is owed by a proz colleague and not a company or agency. There was no purchase order and I only have the emails. The terms of payment were only detailed on the proz job advertisement (is this binding?) Is it worth/possible to contract a debt collecting agency for such a sum and with so few justificatory documents? Is the small court option out? I would really appreciate an opinion on this if only for future reference. Thanks in advance
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to collect debt in UK follow-up

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »