From Paypal to Moneybookers
Thread poster: Ziad Marzouka

Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 10, 2007

Hello!

As you know Paypal is not available in many countries in the world including Jordan (where I live), and many clients insist on paying via Paypal even though there are better and cheaper options such as Moneybookers.

Anyways there's this client that wants to send me a small amount via Paypal, and I am wondering if there's anyone here who has acounts in both Paypal and Moneybookers, and is able to accept the payment for me and send it later to my Moneybookers acount, in exchange I can offer you small percentage of the payment. I would really appreciate your help!

You can contact me directly at: zmarzouka@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
That shouldn't be necessary I think! Apr 10, 2007

I just checked the Paypal site and Jordan was there in the dropdown list of countries (under "select the country where you live). It may have been added recently (other countries like Egypt are still not there).
Apart from that, I can't understand how a client can be so stubborn and insist on sending you the money to PayPal if it's not available in your country, esp since Moneybookers is always an option.

Kaspars Melkis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jordan cannot receive Paypal payments Apr 10, 2007

No, you cannot use Paypal in Jordan to receive money. There is a list of countries, including Jordan and Baltic countries, that can use Paypal only to send money to others. Any attempts to send money to accounts in these countries will fail.

However, Moneybookers charge a fee for sending funds and it is known that they often charge the credit card payment as cash transactions that for some banks involve additional fees (may be up to $10) and higher rates. And opening Moneybookers account require more paperwork than Paypal account. Therefore it is not surprising that client wants to avoid using Moneybookers.

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
English to Russian
+ ...
regarding moneybookers charges Apr 10, 2007

Kaspars Melkis wrote:

..However, Moneybookers charge a fee for sending funds ..

Where did you take such info?

Maximum what they charge is 0.50 euro per any remittance of any amount within the system.

Withdrawal of funds to bank account costs 1.80 euro only.

[Edited at 2007-04-10 18:42]

Kaspars Melkis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Latvian
+ ...
Uploading funds with credit card is 1.90% Apr 11, 2007

Alternatively bank transfer from US bank account may cost about $30-$60 depending on the bank. Sorry, Moneybookers does not look at all covenient to Americans if small amounts are involved.

Matej OGRIZEK
Local time: 00:48
Slovenian to English
+ ...
PayPal to Moneybookers May 15, 2007

I have a question as well (my client also prefers PayPal) - since PayPal does not enable withdrawals in Slovenia and Moneybookers do; is it possible to open both accounts, have the money sent to PayPal account, then transfer it to Moneybookers account and then withdraw it?

Thanks,

Matej

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

From Paypal to Moneybookers

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs