Mobile menu

DVD cover = How much should I ask ?
Thread poster: Christiane Lalonde

Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:18
English to French
May 6, 2007

I've been asked to translate DVD covers on a regular basis. How much should I ask for that? It's mainly the cover page plus the little storyboard featured on the back. Should I ask for a fix price?
Thanks for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Per word May 6, 2007

Is there a reason why it wouldn't be practical to charge your usual price per word for translations of this type?

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:18
Italian to English
per word May 7, 2007

I would stick to my usual rate per word, maybe with a tiny discount if the work load is continuous. Good luck!

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Slightly more than your word rate May 7, 2007

Christiane Lalonde wrote:
I've been asked to translate DVD covers on a regular basis.

Some covers will contain a lot of words, and some will contain less. If this is regular work, I suggest you charge per word, but up your rate a little bit, because this is more complex stuff (slanting towards copywriting).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVD cover = How much should I ask ?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs